Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I use the same sim card in my blackberry 8700g?

I have a Razr with T-mobile and we bought a Blackberry 8700g of E-bay. When we put the sim card in and turn it on, it tells me to insert my sim card. We downloaded all the new software. I added the service with T-mobile and still it will not recognize my sim. Can I use the same sim I have before in different phones. Please help

Downloads
    Uploads
    idl

Downloads
    Uploads
    as long as it is the same service.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The old SIM should work just fine. The insert SIM error is often the sign of a defective phone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on whether or not the phone was sold to the Ebay seller by T-Mobile or AT&T most likely. My suggestion is that you contact Blackberry and if they inform you that it is a different carrier's phone, than contact E-Bay and report the seller because he/she did not clearly give you all of the information needed when purchasing a phone. There are ways you can unlock different carriers phone but as for ways on how to do this I am unsure. Your best bet would be to look online for different ways on how to do that. Hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by coriebayes View Post
    I have a Razr with T-mobile and we bought a Blackberry 8700g of E-bay. When we put the sim card in and turn it on, it tells me to insert my sim card. We downloaded all the new software. I added the service with T-mobile and still it will not recognize my sim. Can I use the same sim I have before in different phones. Please help
    HI i think your Blackberry 8700g mobile is locked to some other network other than t-mobile then it wont accept your sim until you unlock it .You can easily unlock your phone using sites like UnBBlock.com here they are rendering unlock code for all blackberry mobile models at reasonable cost .After unlocking the phone you can freely use it with t-mobile or any other GSM sim.