Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can the Blackberry Pearl access Wi-Fi internet for free?

I might get one, and I've heard rumors that it can access internet from a local connection for, dare i say it, free? I've got a network set up, and if I do try to get on it with this Blackberry, will I be charged?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The blackberry pearl 8120 and BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 has wi fi.

Go to
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/compare/

On the right hand side click series and choose BB pearl. Then you will have to drag the models in the bottom box then click compare. Scroll down to the bottom and then click the network. Those that have the check mark for wi fi are the models that you want.

Yes, with the wi fi you can connect to a wireless setup you have within your home or etc. It is not free since you are paying for the service through another means. But, it allows you to use what you already have...like the zune operates on your wireless network to access the market place...this is the same or similiar concept. These phones are just serving as a device that can connect to your wireless internet router you have within your home. You will not be charged through the cell phone provider if you set it up right and you are using the wi fi internet as opposed to the cell phone provider. Of course, you will have your regular DSL or cable internet bill which would not change / and should not change.