Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blackberry Flip or the Motorola Krzr?

My current contract is up next week, and once it is, I need to decide on a new phone (either the one I have now is -really- flakey, it's just getting old [it's actually kinda primitive to the ones they have out now lmao], or my phone company just sucks that much and won't send my messages/let me receive them [not entirely impossible; it's part of the reason I'm dumping them]). Anyway, I was originally looking at the Krzr, but when I saw the Blackberry Flip... well, I fell in love with it. I love the design and, of course, it's a flip phone, a decisive factor for me.Thing is... I wouldn't be using half the features on it. Basically, all I want out of my phone is:

- Text messaging. I usually send between 100 and 150 a month tops, I'm not a big crazy messaging girl, though I do have my moments.

- Talking. I don't do a lot of talking because I prefer to do things either face-to-face, or through writing, though when I do talk, I tend to spend anywhere from 5 minutes on my phone to an hour. As it is now, I definitely exceed the 100 free minutes on the plan I currently share with my mother. I mean, some of it is her, but most of it is my doing.

So, those are the things I require in my phone. These are the things I don't need:

- IM.

- Email (that is something I -might- consider, since I'm in uni and it'd be good to know when I get emails).

- Facebook.

- Internet.

I mean, if I wanted those things on my phone, I wouldn't have bought a laptop.

So, given the two phones I'm looking at, which one is better-suited to my needs? Both seem to be able to do pretty much the same things, and I don't need music on my phone - I have an iPod for that. A lot of it comes down to the look of the phone for me, and I've seen more mixed feelings with Moto than I have Blackberry (in fact, my bf loves his Blackberry and my friend practically gushed about hers when I asked her; both have theirs for personal use). My friend has a Moto and she loves it, but then I heard from my best friend that a girl she knows hates her Moto and finds it really flakey. I will admit that my heart is a little set on the Blackberry at the moment, but I mean... Obviously I'm not bent on it, else I wouldn't be asking.

So... which is better (either overall, or for personal use explicitly): Blackberry Flip, or the Motorola Krzr?

Downloads
    Uploads
    do not get the krzr.
    motorolas will always mess up!

i know they sound all great and everything but i only had min for 2 months and it tore up.

so just go with the blackberry(: