Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

blackberry bold 9700 plz answer questionsss:)?

ok, so i just got an unlocked blackberry bold 9700 today, and the store i got it from the guy didnt give me a manual so i need some help, umm so i been charging my berry for like 4 hours now and the amber/yellow light on the top is still blinking, i want to know how do i know when its finished charging? does the light change colour? or does it stop blinking? also another thing how do i know if my memory card and sim card have been inserted properly? i inserted them both, and when i went to options it says theres no memory card, and i have no idea if it read the sim card?
    Another thing, wats better to use when transfering music, video, pictures to the berry? windows synce, or the roxio media manger, or just drag and drop ? and lets say i want to put movies on the berry what format does the video files have to be?

finally, um i hear that some ppl say that since i dont have data plans or any plans, i just buy phone cards and use them, that i can still access the internet through my phone by using my wireless router? the thing is that when i try to access the router on my berry and type in the password, it fails and doesnt work? what should i do, should i change the password and see if that works or make another connection with a new password just for my berry to access? i need help

also i would like to know can the 9700 also play music on speakers? so i can listen to music out loud?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is your manual:
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/11164/BlackBerry_Bold_9700_Smartphone-User_Guide-T643442-643442-1005020122-001-5.0-US.pdf

Once the battery is fully charged the light should be steady and not blinking.

From page 181 of the online user guide:

LED notification
    LED notification
    The LED light on the top of your BlackBerry® device flashes different colors to indicate different statuses.
    Green:
    You are in a wireless coverage area.
    Blue:
    Your device is connected to a Bluetooth® enabled device.
    Red:
    A new message has arrived and your selected sound profile is set to notify you using the LED.
    If you are using your device with a smart card, your device is accessing data on the smart card.
    Amber:
    The battery power level for your device is low.