Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The red indicators are most likely some form of litmus paper which will indicate liquid. Manufacturer warranty does not cover liquid damage. Remove the battery asap and do not try to power device on or you will risk a short. Using a paper towel, blot all external parts to remove all visible traces of liquid.

Your best bet is to completely cover the device in uncooked rice and place it in a sealed plastic bag for 24 hours or so. I would guess about 2 cups of rice would be enough to completely surround device based on the average size of a blackberry. The uncooked rice will act like a dessicant which will pull water out of the device. If liquid entered the LCD display there is not much that you can do as this is permanent.

To be completely frank, your device is likely to fail since corrosion may set in...If you have some sort of insurance its best to use it asap and don't wait for the device to fail or you will lose your personal data. In the event you do not have insurace, it may be wise to look into purchasing a plan as most wireless carrier offer this service.

Downloads
    Uploads

blackberry bold 9700 fell in water?

my blackberry 9700 fell into the toilet ((water was clean)) n i took it out as soon as it fell and took it apart, both white stripes are red. i blow dried the phone as soon as i could and it turns on and works and the touch pad works too thank god! ... my question is when i type, it goes a bit coo coo but the keypad is getting better the more i blow dry it. the screen isn't completely dry,either how can i fix this ... where do i put the blow dryer to dry up the screen? does it dry on its own?? or would i have to buy a new one which i hope i don't have to do

Downloads
    Uploads
    The red indicators are most likely some form of litmus paper which will indicate liquid. Manufacturer warranty does not cover liquid damage. Remove the battery asap and do not try to power device on or you will risk a short. Using a paper towel, blot all external parts to remove all visible traces of liquid.

Your best bet is to completely cover the device in uncooked rice and place it in a sealed plastic bag for 24 hours or so. I would guess about 2 cups of rice would be enough to completely surround device based on the average size of a blackberry. The uncooked rice will act like a dessicant which will pull water out of the device. If liquid entered the LCD display there is not much that you can do as this is permanent.

To be completely frank, your device is likely to fail since corrosion may set in...If you have some sort of insurance its best to use it asap and don't wait for the device to fail or you will lose your personal data. In the event you do not have insurace, it may be wise to look into purchasing a plan as most wireless carrier offer this service.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tsk Tsk, jeez Jen, watch out what your doing!

Clumsy.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tsk Tsk, jeez Jen, watch out what your doing!
    Clumsy.....