Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    drifting240

bicycle rim crack?

i know its blurry but do you think its a crack or is it on all rims

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=52npu9&s=3
    im a little rough on the bike, like going around towns and the skatepark, jumping some decent heights and such things

gahhhh i hate this bike, its nice, but its really heavy, costed around $500, brakes are just turning to complete shit, and so many things

i brought it back over to scheels because theres a lot of rusting starting to happen on it, and i got it last year, like spidery type of rust, but its like they're just ignoring me about it and now its too late because my warranty is done for, so if you guys know how i would get rid of the rust i would want to know what to buy and how to do it also

mirageguitarworks
    That rim is fine, although a little worn. Every rim has to have someplace that it is joined, you just found it.

Rust is not covered under warranty no matter how much you complain. It comes from not taking care of your bike. Get a Brillo or SOS pads, get it wet, and rub the rust off. Do NOT use this method on paint or you will ruin the finish.

M R
    That looks like the insertion point seam on the rim. Rims are made from straight extrusions. They are rolled into a circle then the ends are connected in 1 of 2 ways. They either are wielded and machines smooth or there are the inserted ends. They are not wielded and you can see the seam, this is what yours looks like. If you look on the other side and on the other wheel you will see the same seam. Sometimes these non-wielded seams come lose, it's easy to see it seperating.