Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any college students that use a blackberry? Is it worth it? Help!!!?

Is it worth me getting a blackberry for college next year? I really do want one, but I also want to be able to use it to the full extent, or at least just be able to use it a lot. My question is, is it worth me getting one for college and are there any college students who have one that use it a lot for school or just life in general? I have verizon wireless, so I plan on getting a curve 8330. Thanks in advance!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I think a Blackberry is waaaay overkill for a college student.
    I was able to keep up with my schedule and people's phone numbers using a DayTimer pocket calendar, no problem.

If anything, I think a BlackBerry would be terribly distracting - beeping everytime a message arrives. And besides, you couldn't be looking at it during class anyway so there'd be no benefit.

You'll also have to pay for BlackBerry wireless service. College is expensive enough. Why add more costs for stuff that is entirely optional?