Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have starred your question because I would like to see an accurate, serious response to your statement that the $750 is the total liability of an employer who provides no health care to his employees.

Regarding the question itself, no one gains by denying to everyone the necessary benefits of a minority. Those who do not have those benefits continue not to have them.

Government insurance covers most medical procedures, office visits, and prescription medications. The coverage is not 100%. Dental care and vision care are practically nonexistent. There is a 0 deductible per person (00 for a couple), and there are also deductibles for office visits and prescription medications. Finally, the employee portion of the premium is rising faster than are increases for cost of living.

Is this what you call "cadillac" coverage? It is good only by comparison to what most other Americans have. And it is, like all health care in the US, much too expensive.

Downloads
    Uploads

Why do Government employees get to keep their cadilac health care insurance

under the Obama plan? My employer pays about 5-6000 dollars a year for my health insurance. I was told by the owner of the company he would rater pay the 750 dollar a year fine. Cost savings to the employer 5000 dollars per employee. Why wouldn't the government also but their employees into the government plan and save tax payers money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because -ALL- insured people have the option of keeping their current plan. Would you penalize 9 MILLION federal employees because your boss is acting like a dick?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It needs a good fixin, but a strike of government employees would destroy this country right now!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because the present White House Administration does not want to upset "the apple cart" among the Democratic cronies. And why are they allowed to vote themselves a raise, especially in these poor economic times and for doing nothing for the citizens of the US? The bailouts and stimulus packages are doing nothing for the average person. Check out the CEOs who are still getting multi-million dollar bonuses. All high contributors to the Democratic party. Ever since I have been old enough to vote (for 54 yrs), one of the Democratic party's political planks has been to tax and spend. Read any articles about proposed tax increases lately? You can bet there are several, mainly from overseas media, not the US.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They will if enough private employers do what yours is saying. The compensation plans for government jobs are usually based on a market comparison. So if nobody else offers cadillac plans, they won't either.