Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

want to turn engine in a 90 Chevy Silverado "green" - what is the cheapest way to do

this? That pretty much says it all.. i am interested in converting my 90 Chevy pick up into a "green car"... what would be the easiest/cheapest way to do this? get a hybrid engine? and if so, do they make hybrids to fit pick ups? also, i work in the food industry, and have unlimited supply of cooking oil. Maybe that would be an option?.... any ides???

Downloads
    Uploads
    A full size pickup was built for hard work, and in the early 90's, gas mileage and emissions were not as much of a concern. Hybrid technology is integrated into a vehicle, so unless you happen to be an automotive engineer, converting it to a hybrid is just not really possible or practical.

The truck would have to be a diesel to run it on cooking oil. I would suggest trading it for a diesel pickup and buy a vegetable oil conversion kit. If you have used cooking oil, this conversion kit is called a "greasel".

Downloads
    Uploads
    And what is your definition of a "green"car? Blue mixed with Yellow? Trade it on a diesel powered one and burn the cooking oil unless of course money is no object and you are only trying to do it cheaply so that you can send more funds to idgent tribes in need of everything. Of course, if you trade it in somebody else will get it so that's not really very "green". I guess you would have to install a diesel to really make a difference. Hybrids generally won't work for most people as they have no power and are expensive to operate and an environmental disaster to dispose of at the end of their short life span.