Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Two car questions... PT Cruiser and the Chevrolet HHR. Good in the winter?

I love the look of both of these cars ( were still in the beginning stages of look for a new car) Ive seen the PTs at a lower price with better miles but worried about the size ( I am moving up form a Kia sportage rear wheel so anything is better). I do live in Minnesota and we get alot of snow where we live and im wondering if either one of these will do well on the snow and if so which would be better. I know I should be looking for a 4 wheel/all wheel but ill be honest- With our price range I dont like the look of anything out there ( sept the dodge Durangos and Ive hear alot of bad things about those) So any advice on these cars would be great thanks.
    I found a 2006 pt for ,930 with 20,586 miles with one prev owner. Ill be trading in my Kia and Im hoping to get a grand but who knows. Other wise there are alot of 40,000 under 7 too... is that a good price. I am honestly clueless when it comes to cars. My father in law is helping out.

ive had 3 cars before this purchase. a 2000 kia sportage, a 97 sable and a 90 labarine. I would be buying used. with 2 kids and being a sahm if its horrible conditions i wont be going out im not worried about how fun it is to drive just a good car that will last a while.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK Is this your first car? If yes, then don't go with either of these clunkers. 1. The PT cruiser is just a Dodge Neon with a different chassis. It has the same motor and transmission as the Neon. The Neon has had problems with the timing belt and water pump failing. The transmission has a computer that has fail problems. The Chevy HHR gas had problems with the intake manifold. They are made of plastic and prone to cracking when the extreme cold goes to hot(your weather exactly) .
    I recommend a Mazda Protege. It gets great gas mileage. It's low maintenance. You can get all kinds of goodies for it. CD stereo Satellite radio, they are good for the kind of driving you will be doing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the PT Crusiers have to be one of the slowest selling vehicles out there, if you buy, it should
    be one hell of a steal, price shop and compare

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a PT in CT and have had no problems in the snow

Downloads
    Uploads
    if minnesota on days when you need 4wd, you should stay home, otherwise fwd should do well,
    in regards to either of these cars, both discontinued, resale after 4 years, 15% of purchase price.......
    this means $20,000 turns into $3,000 if you are lucky in 4 years ugh

you may want to a used cars.....

ps I like the looks of both too, but they are both a boring car to drive
    take a look at a ford escape