Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Problem with my 1991 dodge stealth...?

I have a 1991 Dodge Stealth ES v6 SOHC. I bought it off a guy and the clutch supposedly went out when I was driving it home. Well he replaced the clutch 200 miles before I bought it from him. I get it replaced for 700 bucks just a week ago. Driving it today I think the clutch went out again. I was driving down the road and I was in third going into fourth gear (manual) and it stopped accelerating and pretty much rolled to a stop. The engine doesnt die, but yet if I put it into a gear and let all the way off the clutch it wont go into gear (even reverse) and it will just idle. Now I JUST had the clutch replaced a week ago, is there another problem with the vehicle that I am over-looking? Could it possibly be the tranny? Any help would be appreciated. If you want more details please email or IM me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say the Tranny would be a logical place to start. If you just replaced the clutch not to long ago and you havent been to a racetrack everyday driving your car to the limit. I would say Check the tranny.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could be your tranny, but that would probably have been noisy. (small explosion by your knee) Could also be that your drive shaft fell out or the rear end could have gone. The clutch would. be the most likely problem, but I would expect you to notice it slipping before it actually went. Go back to thepeople who you paid $700 to

Downloads
    Uploads
    that wont be the tranny causing that to happen ever who is replacing the clutch is messing up or they aren't replacing the flywheel in it,sometimes the flywheel needs to be replaced,take it back to them, no clutch goes out in that less of time unless there's a problem with either the fly wheel or the installation of it,if it was the transmission it would have gave a warning sound like a grinding before it took in to gear,or grouling when you changed gears,you got clutch problems with it still yet.good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you may want to take it back to whomever replaced your clutch and have them look at it......it might be something they fucked up and/or missed.