Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My 1994 buick park avenue battery keeps draining, something is pulling juice....

...I've replaced alternator.? I've always had a problem with my battery light going in and out. Up until recently has the battery been dying. I had new alternator put on, but it wasnt pushing the right voltage but I swapped it out and now it is. However my battery light still goes in and out. Here are somethings im noticing. When I turn on my turn signals the battery light needle will start jerking (as if juice is being pulled). And every now and then my right turn signal will not flash. I do have a problem which hasnt been solved for 3 years, every blue moon my factory deterrent system would go off. I disconnected my horns, so now when it does it it's only my 4-ways flashing. I don't know if this is helpful or im just paying too much attention to detail, but if I continue to press down on the power window switch once the window is all the way down I notice the battery light needle jerking then also. I had a system in and i took it out trying to find out what this electrical problem is. and it is still the same. I thought the problem was in the alternator when it first was replaced bc whatever was draining juice killed my optima battery. Then I got a new battery and it was dead by the next day. Had auto zone charge it, and the next day I continue to see the battery being drained. So I parked it and tested alternator and we found out it wasn't putting out right voltage. So after swapping the alternator out again (couldve been defective eventhough they said it was fine), the battery is not being drained tremendously, but the battery light is still in and out, sometimes on constantly. I hope I wrote enough for you guys to help me out. I appreciate the help. thanks! If you have questions, I will answer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to simplify this situation and determine if the alternator is working right or something is draining the battery.Start by checking the alternator.If the engine dies immediately when a battery cable is disconnected with the engine running,then the alternator is bad.If that's not the case then an ammeter needs to be inserted in place of each fuse to see if current is flowing when it shouldn't be.This sounds like maybe a light is staying on in the glovebox or trunk.