Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

i sunk my 96 gmc pick up in a pond and cant get it to turn over?

it was only in the water for about 20 minutes in which the air intake was submerged but i hav already takin the spark plugs out cranked it to get the water out drained the oil and filter and replaced the oil, filter, plugs, and air filter. Ive tried my best to blow all the water out and dry all electronics, no water got into the computer unit tho. the engine will crank and crank and almost started a few times but it wont turn over completely. the only advice ive gotten after all this is let it sit out for one more day to let the electrical systems dry a little more. plz help me with some advice if u would

Downloads
    Uploads
    Water inside the distributor remove cap and dry it out, check the cap for cracks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was the engine running when you sunk it [ water in the cylinders ] Did you check for water in the cylinders when you changed the plugs. Explain ,the engine will crank but it wont turn over completely.If I understand exactly what you mean by this ,you have got bent con rods.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well like ou said it could be just straight flooded and yea if it got on your eletrical system it wouldnt even try to crank but it could be the simplest problem like just a small bit of water in the pistens or some thing could still be in your ijntake if you have replaced sparks plugss i would just take it to your local car repair shop or an advanved auto parts and they would help also good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    You probably washed all of the oil out of the cylinders, causing a loss of compression. Try taking out the plugs and putting a little bit of engine oil into each cylinder, then crank it a few seconds before you replace the plugs. If you're lucky that will coat the rings with oil and restore the compression.

I've seen it work more than once. The exhaust will smoke for a few minutes, but it will clear up quickly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    is it port injection or throttle body or carb?? you may still have water in under the intake manifold. Alot of water can stop combustion in the cylinder...make sure there is spark at the plugs first.