Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have 91 dodge Caravan with the 3.0 engine .geting no heat.?

I replaced the broken thermostat that was in two peaces.The AC compressor power was disabled 2 years a go when the pomp stated to knock.The heater worked fine tell now.Last summer the belt to the AC was removed to save gas.could it still be the missing belt that could be cosing the problem?The fans are blowing air throe the vents.I can switch the flow of air from the heat vents to defrost.And when I poul the lever for the blind door,I think I can hear it moving. Should I pout the AC belt back back on?

Downloads
    Uploads
    the ac has nothing to do with it. the 3.0 had trouble with bleeding air out of the system. be sure the coolant jug is up to the full mark, drive it 5 miles and check it again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The problem is most likely the heater control valve. It is located under the hood on the right/passenger side near the heater control box. If the valve sticks it will not allow warm coolant to flow through the heater core. This parts purpose is to stop heat from entering the heater control box when the AC is on. This valve usually costs about 25 bucks and takes about a half hour to replace. Hope this helps. Christopher
    Heater Control Valve