Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to do a tune up on 02 suburban Chevrolet?

Hi there I own a 02 Chevy suburban that I recently got, I want to do a complete tune up, to restore some the kick this truck is lagging from. I know I need the oil and oil filter (obviously), gas filter, air filter, spark plugs, & spark plugs wires. Just kept wondering if I am missing anything else ??? Ca you fill me in I am or recommend YouTube video that shoe how this whole process is done will be helpful

Downloads
    Uploads
    pcv valve. dont forget to clean the throttle body and fuel injectors. then drive it and blow it out really well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you plan on doing it yourself, I suggest you get a manual for it. HELMINC.COM sells factory service manuals. Or get a Haynes/Chilton manual. There should be a section in there that tells you everything you need to check/replace.

Depending on 2WD or 4WD, you should change the diff fluid. Transfer Case fluid too if it is a 4WD. Change the coolant, tranny fluid, brake fluid. Inspect the radiator hoses & see if they need to be replaced. If your changing coolant, I suggest you replace the thermostat, upper & lower radiator hoses as well