Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could anyone speak highly of an american car for once?

When we lose the big three, we lose more than that. When you buy a foreign car, it may be made here, but the profits leave the country. Time to take care of our own. I also don't want to hear the line "when we make a car that good I'll buy it", rubbish, ours are just as good now. A foreign car now cost as much or more than an american car, but the employees for those companies get paid less, and recieve less benefits. Thats where the ripoff is biggest, they send all that money overseas. WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like my Chevy Aveo, Jerry, and I think MOST of it was made in the USA. But you need to wake up, too. You pay $1,200 on your US-made car just to support the unions. GM pays $4.2 billion each year on health-care cost for current and retired employees, and TWO-THIRDS of their employees are retired. The Detroit Gravy Train has hit the end of the track, Jerry. It's time for them to declare bankruptcy, restructure, and get COMPETITIVE ... it's the American way, baby! Peace. (And I'm not union bashing; I was a Teamster, and those Autoworkers KNOW it's true.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    The domestic Trucks are the best, especially the GMC Sierra and F-150. They are really rugged, hard working, stylish, and very practical.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have owned usa made cars and I have owned japanese made cars and I know from experience that usa made cars do not have anywere near the high quality components that japanese cars do. usa quality seems to be bells and whistles, lots of lights and dingers going off. You pay 400 bucks for a refrigerator and it may last 20 years you pay 25k or more for a car and it lasts 5 years if your lucky<

Downloads
    Uploads
    All of my cars have always been American.

My last 4 have been General Motors products. I currently own 2 General Motors products. I have always found them to be well built reliable cars.

I currently own a 1995 Pontiac Grand AM that I bought new. It has about 150,000 trouble free miles on it. It never had any major mechanical failures. It uses no oil. It always starts. it always gets me there. It still drives and rides well. Everything still works. I really got my money's worth out of this one.

My other car is a 2000 Chevrolet Malibu that I bought new. It has about 130,000 trouble free miles on it. It never had any major mechanical failures. It uses no oil. It always starts. it always gets me there. It still drives and rides well. Everything still works. I also got my money's worth out of this one.

My brother owns a 1990 Buick that he uses as a daily driver. This car has over 300,000 miles on it. My brother-in-law has a 1985 Chevrolet pickup truck with almost 400,000 miles on it.

Who says American cars don't last.

The idea that the Japanese make cars are better is a myth created by good marketing.

My son owns a Dodge Avenger. This is a Mitsubishi with a Dodge body. What a poorly designed piece of crap. Especially the Mitsubishi engine, transmission and suspension. His next car will be a Chevy.

Toyota is the company that really has everyone fooled. What crap. To see what I mean, open your favorite Internet search page. Search "Toyota Sludge" or "Toyota Rust" without the quotes. Of course, Toyota blames these wide spread problems on the owners. But this is happening too much to be from owner neglect. It kind of says something about how well Toyota stands behind their product.

Funny thing is that everyone is ragging on the Unions that protect the American workers. Here's what's not so funny. American workers working in the Japanese assembly plants are paid less and have less benefits. But the American made Japanese cars still cost about the same as their American counterparts. So where is the excess profits going for these cars? You guessed it, Japan. Japan makes all the money while the hard working Americans get screwed.

So what would make these American made Japanese cars better? Are the Americans working in the Japanese assembly plants any smarter than the Americans working in the domestic assembly plants? No. Are the materials used in the Japanese cars built by the American workers any better than the materials used in the domestic models? No. Are the engineers in the domestic companies less educated than the engineers working for the Japanese companies. No. The only thing that makes the Japanese cars better is marketing. They have everyone convinced that the domestic makes are still made to the same quality standards of the late 70's.

My next car will be another General Motors Product.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No cars are "American" made anymore.Everything has been sent somewhere else to be made.We now have Heinz57 vehicles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love my american Chevy Truck. The cost to build it however was slightly more than what Japan is building cars in our country. Wages at the big three is going to kill the U.S. auto makers Looks like maybe we need to restructure the big three.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This answer may anger so folks but we have only ourselves to blame and by this I mean us as purchasers and the big 3 in what they've produced.

The big three gave rise to two issues. First that they thought bigger is better. Take a look at Fords lineup. How many SUVs do they really need to build? Yes, we were in that market for some time but they were not quick to change when the gas prices went up. Why? And why come out with a new one when gas was almost at it's peak? Doesn't make sense.

Add to this that the big 3 still are allowing the unions to control what the workers get paid. Foreign manufacturers who have plants int he country have kept the unions out. This means lower pay but good benefits for the the workers yet lower prices on their vehicles. A great example of this is Hyundai who is building a quality vehicle with an excellent warranty that in reality transformed the warranties offered by the big 3 and other foreign manufacturers. To this individual while there was a time for unions in our country they now are doing us more harm than good by driving up the prices on what we manufacture.

The big 3 need to redefine how they do business or face having to shut their doors and have millions laid off. To have the US Congress provide them with 25 billion may/may not be the answer. This poster does not want to see a single American manufacturer go out of business in our current economic state but you and I cannot hold out our hand and get a bailout, right? If we are faced with it we would have to declare bankruptcy and either restructure our debt and move forward or get it all written off by shutting our doors, selling thru the courts what we own and paying the debtors pennies on the dollar. AND the workers for the big 3 come are not guaranteed to get a single cent of salaries owed, compensation for unused vacation, etc until the guaranteed debtors are satisfied...meaning they are screwed and receive nothing.

Our vehicles are just as good. The pricing is becoming better but still not there yet. We just need to review what the market wants and wake up and give it to the people or face losing 1, 2 or all three of our vehicle manufacturers and putting millions onto the unemployment lists.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This answer may anger so folks but we have only ourselves to blame and by this I mean us as purchasers and the big 3 in what they've produced.

The big three gave rise to two issues. First that they thought bigger is better. Take a look at Fords lineup. How many SUVs do they really need to build? Yes, we were in that market for some time but they were not quick to change when the gas prices went up. Why? And why come out with a new one when gas was almost at it's peak? Doesn't make sense.

Add to this that the big 3 still are allowing the unions to control what the workers get paid. Foreign manufacturers who have plants int he country have kept the unions out. This means lower pay but good benefits for the the workers yet lower prices on their vehicles. A great example of this is Hyundai who is building a quality vehicle with an excellent warranty that in reality transformed the warranties offered by the big 3 and other foreign manufacturers. To this individual while there was a time for unions in our country they now are doing us more harm than good by driving up the prices on what we manufacture.

The big 3 need to redefine how they do business or face having to shut their doors and have millions laid off. To have the US Congress provide them with 25 billion may/may not be the answer. This poster does not want to see a single American manufacturer go out of business in our current economic state but you and I cannot hold out our hand and get a bailout, right? If we are faced with it we would have to declare bankruptcy and either restructure our debt and move forward or get it all written off by shutting our doors, selling thru the courts what we own and paying the debtors pennies on the dollar. AND the workers for the big 3 come are not guaranteed to get a single cent of salaries owed, compensation for unused vacation, etc until the guaranteed debtors are satisfied...meaning they are screwed and receive nothing.

Our vehicles are just as good. The pricing is becoming better but still not there yet. We just need to review what the market wants and wake up and give it to the people or face losing 1, 2 or all three of our vehicle manufacturers and putting millions onto the unemployment lists.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sorry sorry, if a product dont sell dont try forcing it down peoples throats. They will spit it out.

The truth is, these car manufacturers were already suffering financially before the economy collapsed. The wall street saga only sped up the process.

you see, you need more than local or national sales to stay afloat these days. Companies that have not felt the crunch, and some never will, like coca cola, are picking pennies from every corners of the globe. i think companies need to make international mergers to survive this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast