Hey everyone,

I've been searing the internet for these answers with no success. But today I think I noticed, for the first time, my PCM is dying. I drive a 2005 GMC Canyon with 88,800 miles on it. Today I was driving, and I came up to a redlight. I almost came to a stop then the light turned green so I eased on teh gas to speed up, then the truck shut off in the middle of the road.

Tried to turn the truck on and got nothing, so I put it in neutral and coasted until I was off the road. Got out to check under the hood and see if any fluid was leaking and didn't notice anything...no smell/smoke/fluid. So I got back in the truck and tried to start it again and it fired right up and ran fine. I had a check engine light so I immediately took it to Auto Zone to have them run a computer scan. It threw a P0601 code-Control Module ROM Fault. The lady who ran the computer didn't know what this meant, and neither did I.

After doing some research on the internet, I think it's a bad PCM. I'm going to call a GM dealer tomorrow to ask about it, but I'm worrying myself to death. I'm a law student and don't have a lot of money to spend on a truck repair (but I will get it fixed because I really depend on this truck).

So basically, my question is how much does it typically cost to get this repaired, and is it still OK to drive for another week or so until I'm able to get it fixed?

Thanks!