Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chirping/Chatter sounds coming from my 1993 Saturn SL2?

When I turn on my air conditioner, my car begins to chirp, usually when I'm idling. At first, I thought it was the air compressor, however, the other night, when I turned on JUST my headlights, nothing else, my car began to chirp again.

With that said, what are some possible causes of a chrip and how can it be fixed. I'll provide more details if needed. Thanks!

The car was on when I turned the headlights on. I turned the lights on, and when I put it into reverse/drive is when it began to squeak. Also, I took it to a mechanic when I got my oil changed and they said the belts look fine (I had them check that first)

Downloads
    Uploads
    the chirp will get worse as time goe on....the chip is caused by a bearing in the water pump....from what your saying it is happening as soon as your engine is feeling any load at all.....to find if what I,m saying is true....pop the hood and look to see what side of the engine has the drive belt....this will be where the waterpump is......then with your window open try to determine if this is the side where the chirp is coming from..hope this helps

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe a worn/loose belt?

Although if it did it with the car turned off, and just the headlights on (I'm assuming you would have to turn the key on for the headlights to come on), then it might be something electrical - like a fuel pump getting ready to die.