Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Hybrid View

Junior Member alberto2rodriguez's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I fit 35 inch tires on my stock jeep grand Cherokee?

I'm curious to what's the biggest tire I could fit on my stock 2005 jeep grand cherokee

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go to www.tirerack.com and enter your year, make and model. Click on the “tires” section. They will tell you both stock and alternative tires that fit your stock rims and suggest the best sellers. Usually you can go up one width ratio if you lower one profile ratio. So in your case you can alternatively fit a 255/65-17 tire without affecting your overall tire diameter and messing up your speedometer reading. You can also go up to 18 or 19 inch rims with lower profile tires. They have extensive consumer reviews of the best tires for all types of use, including all season performance tires. I have personally used Kumhos and Yokohamas as replacement for the expensive Michelins for years as the best combination of cost and performance, but there may be better options these days. They have good installers all over the country that will receive the tires and install them for you. If you buy a tire and rim package, they will come to you balanced on the rims and ready to be installed. My experience is that you can save quite a bit of money buying your tires this way. Good luck!