You asked me to show you the verses I was talking about here is some of them?

the_ambusher

Dec 29, 2008
Christians may try to claim that the verses below are only metaphors and not to be taken literally. However, if that’s so, why can’t we also take their cherished theological doctrines such as the Salvation, Atonement, and Crucifixion and claim that those are metaphors too?

False scientific facts in the Bible

Insects do NOT have four feet
Lev 11:21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth
upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the
earth;
Lev 11:22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and
the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the
grasshopper after his kind.
Lev 11:23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet,
shall be an abomination unto you.
They have six. In fact, NOTHING that can fly has four feet.

Rabbits do not chew their cud
Lev 11:6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

They only appear to, due to mistaken human perception. How could an all knowing God not know this?

Snakes, while built low, do not eat dirt nor dust

Genesis 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

The bat is not a bird

Lev 11:13 These are the birds you are to detest and not eat because they are
detestable: the eagle, the vulture, the black vulture,

Lev 11:19 the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat.

Deu 14:11 You may eat any clean bird.

Deu 14:12 But these you may not eat: the eagle, the vulture, the black vulture,

Deu 14:18 the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat.

The bat is in fact a flying mammal.

Snails do not melt

Psalm 58:8 As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like
the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.

The Earth is NOT flat!

Yet these verses indicate that the Earth must either be flat, square or rectangle!

Isaiah 11:12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Revelation 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

How can the Earth have four corners if it's sphere-shaped? Four corners indicate either a flat, square or rectangular structure!

Likewise, notice the structural disposition of the Earth assumed by these verses.

Psalms 67:7 God will bless us, and all the ends of the earth will fear him.

Psalms 135:7 He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth; he sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses.

Proverbs 30:4 Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Who has gathered up the wind in the hollow of his hands? Who has wrapped up the waters in his cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and the name of his son? Tell me if you know!

Isaiah 40:28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.

Isaiah 41:9 I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you.

Isaiah 5:26 He lifts up a banner for the distant nations, he whistles for those at the ends of the earth. Here they come, swiftly and speedily!

Daniel 4:10-11 These are the visions I saw while lying in my bed: I looked, and there
before me stood a tree in the middle of the land. Its height was enormous. The tree grew large and strong and its top touched the sky; it was visible to the ends of the earth.

Zechariah 9:10 I will take away the chariots from Ephraim and the war-horses from Jerusalem, and the battle bow will be broken. He will proclaim peace to the nations. His rule will extend from sea to sea and from the River to the ends of the earth.

Mark 13:26-27 At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.

Romans 10:18 But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: "Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."

How can a round sphere have "ends"? Also, in regard to Psalm 135:7, winds do not come from storehouses! So much for Biblical meteorology. And from Daniel 4:10-11, how can a tree be tall enough to touch the sky? Did the infallible Bible writers think that the sky had a roof? Also from Daniel:

Daniel 4:20 The tree you saw, which grew large and strong, with its top touching the sky, vis

Back