Women, this is a real Q, how can I talk to my friends about guys w/o seeming...

Feb 17, 2013
...irritating and annoying to them? I'm really serious (I don't want ppl to think I'm trolling or a B..., I'm also not conceited) So I only have one friend that I really like talking to right now, but earlier today I was with her and she was talking about this guy she really likes and how she wants to date him but he doesn't even notice her. She gave him her number and he never responded. So anyway, I went on with my day and ended up being asked out by this guy I came across, so I was excited and wanted to go tell her, but I feel strange about it fsr. My best friend last year was the same way. She broke up with her bf and had a hard time finding a guy, but I met somebody at that time and she ended up hating me for it, she never wanted to hear me talk about him, and I understood her annoyance, but she was my only close friend so who else would I tell? I noticed that MOST of my "friends" seem to get annoyed when I talk about guys. Maybe I'm extremely annoying, idk, but I definitely notice it because I'll talk to them about some guy I met recently and they change in behavior. For instance, i was telling my other friend about a guy I met who asked me on a date and the entire time (we were out to eat) she looked down at her food and answered like "Mhm" without opening her mouth, whereas she was talkative the entire time before that. I felt like she wanted to tell me to shut up, so i changed the conversation, but I feel weird about it because I'm not trying to be mean, but if a guy likes me I always feel so nervous and jittery/excited! It's just that there is nobody I can tell because my friends seem to resent it. I feel guilty about it too, maybe guys think I look slutty or something, idk. I'm actually really insecure so it's not like I think I'm so hot or anything.

Should I talk to my friends about this issue, or should I just ignore it and learn to keep everything to myself? I've never had close female friends until last year.

Back