Why won't my DVD's play in my laptop?

Wylamena

Apr 15, 2013
Whenever I put a DVD in to my laptop, nothing comes up so I go into computer and then the file for the DVD is there, but it's got 2 files audio and video, I go into video and then the movie will be in clips sometimes the clips play sometimes it say's error. Does anyone know how I could just out a DVD into my laptop and just play the whole movie?

OK, well firstly, is your optical disk drive on? If you are on a power saver setting than it is most likely that the disk drive is not on and it won't recognise DVD'S properly. If it is on, then open your documents/my computer and there will be something there that says DVD or DISK or something like that.
RIGHT click on the file/folder (Don't open it) and there should be an options menu that should pop up. Click play, and there you are. I hope this works, if not then I don't know. You might as well give it a try, it worked for me. Good luck and enjoy the movie!

You didn't specify whether you had a CD drive or a DVD drive. I'm presuming you have a DVD drive, if not, then DVD's won't play, not in a CD drive. When you put the DVD in, go to Computer, right click on the DVD drive and click 'AutoPlay' Then it should say in the list somewhere 'Play with windows media player'

Back