Why is my '05 Stratus is blowing cold air but not from the front vents?

mystery

May 15, 2008
As usual, well maintenanced 05 2.4L Stratus Sedan. I recently had my coolant flushed and refilled with Prestone. The radiator, compressor, thermostat, and all hoses were fine. I turned on my A/C today and noticed that it was blowing really cold air, but it was coming from the front of the car. So I switched the air to blow front the dash vents and I have no response. I checked the heat, and had the same problem, which is that the air will blow from the defroster vents but not the four dash vents.

Is this a fuse or relay that has blown? If so, which one(s)?

I also have another question regarding the power windows. The driver control now will not work for the rear passenger window, but will work for all of the others. Also, if I can let that window down, the driver control will lift it back up. The rear passenger window switch;however, works fine. If this is another faulty switch or relay, please let me know which one or ones.
I recently checked all of the switches(not relays) with my Bussman switch check, and they all light up green.

Maintenance is always better than repair and a relay or fuse is cheap. There are not any problems with my car, including the ones I have posted before because they have all been solved thanks to the Dodge Man and numerous others.

Once again, thanks in advance and thank-you all for helping me with my great, reliable, and easy/affordable to fix car.

check the hoses that run to the vents. sometimes they can become loose and fall off. and it could be a faulty switch for the window

Back