why does my1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee leak coolant near my water pump when

Devin

May 20, 2008
I take the cap off? My Jeep has had a slow coolant leak for the last few months , it usually takes a week for it to empty . My car hadn't been used for a week because the rear wheel bearing went out . I got it together yesterday and drove it around town and everything was fine . This morning I notice it lightly dripping around the water pump so I took the cap off and it began dripping heavily around the water pump . I had the water pump , radiator , and thermostat replaced as well as a brand new head put in and the whole top of the motor rebuilt when I got the car in feb . I did notice the hose between the reservoir tank and the radiator is squashed between the frame and the thing that holds the battery , however none of the other hoses seem to be compromised . what could be the problem and why does it leak when the car is off and the cap has been removed , I was told there is a hose by the water pump that often goes bad , PLEASE HELP . My aunt is very ill and I have to drive 2 hrs south to go take care of her for the summer .

Back