Why does my dog carry around a squeaky toy and whine?

AshleyRussell

May 26, 2011
She is a chihuahua, she's had a pink squeaky toy for a few years now, and just on my birthday she started carrying it everywhere she goes and whines. I'm getting worried. She treats it like her baby and if i take it away she'll look sadly at me then try to get it back. She takes it everywhere with her! Please someone tell me whats up.
Oh and how do i take it away from her without upsetting her so that every moment she wont cry and scratch at where i'll put it?

Do you try playing with her? She may just need a little attention. I wouldn't worry about her being attached to the toy. It is her toy, and nobody is going to take it away from her right? So what is the harm? As long as she is not becoming aggressive.

If she's not spayed, it's probably a false pregnancy. If that's the case, have her spayed.

my dogs do the same thing . so i started getting on the floor playing with them ..... and sometimes i would give my dog a treat and when she wasn't looking i took it away and put it somewhere she didn't know i worked for me

Back