Why do they say sport bikes aren't for beginners?

anonymousone

Feb 10, 2009
I'm now 27 & have owned 4 sport bikes, I had never ridden a bike of any kind until I purchased my first GSX-R1000. I drove it off the lot in that dense urban population, back down to my old country house. Granted, to this day I tend to purchase 600cc sport bikes, just because it's enough for me. But what makes a sport bike "not for beginners"? In my opinion, a bike is a bike, you just pick out if you want to go fast & look cool or if you wanna be comfortable on a cruiser. Which brings me to my next interest, the only bike i've ever been on that I felt intimidated was a busa, not because of it's size or power, but simply because it was alot heavier than anything I had ever been on, and cruisers are all like this, right? (but in case your wondering, yeah I did romp on it, lol.)
In response to luther, no I don't get into the wheelie poppin & standing up on the gas tank kind of thing if that's what your referring to. I have been known to hammer down on the throttle, but i've got kids to think about these days, and riding alone is dangerous enough. But with that said, the more you throttle down the straighter the bike flies. I'd be more worried about dropping it pulling into a parking space with a light rain sprinkle on the ground.
Firecracker, my point was that it's easier to slip on wet asphalt at low speed than at high speed throttled, the bikes more stable then & anybody can drive in a straight line. I don't wanna scratch my ride, I paid good money for it!
Theharleyfixer: Ugh, your so simple minded! This question doesn't involve age or money as a factor, WHAT A STUUUPID RESPONSE!

Back