Why do people look down on a Dodge neon?

BradPradt

Dec 9, 2008
One of my cars is a bmw 2005. Then I have an old jetta commuter car and a dodge neon.

Whenever I seem to go out with my dodge neon, which is a 2004 model, red, and a very nice one, I get treated differently.

Like the other day I called the ambulance to come in, to help me in distress, and the cops etc that were there were like "it's a dodge, red dodge."

they were like "dodge neon pickup truck ? what? LOL i didnt think dodge neons were like that."

Then the other ones like "It's a neeeeeeeeeooooooon.'

lol.Seriously, when i bought this car, i fell in love with its design, it seemed like you put a bug, a mini cooper, stretched them out a bit and made them into normal cars with some of the same designs. depends on the type you get, I have a pretty nicely designed one.

I believe it's one of the last models they made.

Anyways, it seems like the men, at least the ones that know a thing or two about cars, just kind of look at me in a condescnding way when they see me with that car.

Now I feel stupid, and think I should just get rid of it because it seems to be a status symbol no no.

But it gives me great gas mileage, and well, I don't want to hurt my other cars much by driving them too much, and my jetta was my first high school car and I want to keep it around for memories.

But am I just paranoid, or do people really look down on a dodge neon?

I mean it's not a trashy or a cheap car either, they're not like ...a yugo or anything, but yet they still seem to get disrespected.

Back