Who wants an argument?Im talking to you LOL!?

Nickel9

May 30, 2010
Without a doubt in my mind, Jay-Z has been the biggest waste of talent in Hip Hop (In the last decade). To the average listener, he will be remembered as one of the best rappers ever, but to any true hip hop head, only his entrepreneurship will deserve a round of applause.

That’s right people, lets get our heads of the gutter and start downsizing all these PHONY rappers. Just like Jay. Now I’m not saying he doesn’t have at least have some street cred back from his hustling days, but his emcee skills have never matched the expectations that came from the streets.

Let’s start be reviewing Jay-Z first album ever – Reasonable Doubt. Wow, a masterpiece; Jay officially joined the ranks of such artists as Nas, Wu-Tang, Mobb Deep, Notorious B.I.G., Outkast, and even ATCQ, as dropping a classic LP his first time around the block. But then was when Jay fell way off the map. Jay thought his hustling days could be something to rake in lots of dough, so he continued to whole style of Mafioso raps. If I remember right, In my Lifetime, both Volumes had only one hit song – Hard Knock Life. Wow, Jay gets respect for 1/28 songs in two years of rhyming. Embarrassing after dropping a joint like Reasonable Doubt. I mean, even MTV rated this guy the 5th best MC ever, and they said he doesn’t even write lyrics on paper. Well there you go, no wonder we get songs like “Money Ain’t A Thing,” “Money, Cash, Ho*s,” from him. Maybe if he sat down, and wrote something on the same level of hustling like Biggie or Big L he might write more good music. Jay continued to release more CDs in the late 90s. It seemed like you couldn’t turn on MTV without seeing him roll around in a Bentley. I mean this guy became instant mainstream success. His whole life flipped from dealing crack on the street corner, to sighing autographs for fans at TRL. So maybe we just didn’t credit Jay enough with making these kinds of records. We do know he wanted the Crown of New York and to reach that he needed to entertain EVERYONE in New York. Ok Jay, you proved your point, but only women started buying you stuff, and any true rapper knew that your style was all about selling out. Later on, Jay released a track called “Takeover” on his Blueprint album. Oh my goodness, what was he thinking dissing all those people, including the one and only God’ Son – Nasir Jones. First off, I’m sick and tired of people telling me that track was a hot diss song. NO NO NO! Nas’s response with Ether will forever go down as the greatest diss song EVER – Period. Let’s compare real quick. Jay’s wack a$$ beat by K. West sucked complete d*ck. I mean, when I just heard the instrumental of Ether, I had chills going down my spinal chord. Talk about a true battle track. Also, Nas lyrics had to be some of the best he’s put down in the new millennium. He flips around everyone single one of Jay’s lines to perfectly annihilate his opponent. Wow, what was Jay thinking about trying to steal the crown from the King of NY? So Jay decided to wipe off his p*ssy tears and make a compilation album with R.Kelly. The CD was wack folks. I mean the last three tracks were named “Shorty” “Honey” “P*ssy.” So what we have here is a self-conscious 30 year old male, who loves to contradict himself. Pathetic, and afterwards Jay releases the Blueprint 2! Yes, biting off KRS-One for the second time in your career. Seriously Jay-Z, can’t you be at least a little more original. At least try to make up rhymes with words that have more than two syllables. And you only good production you’ve ever had was Kanye, but too bad he saved all the goods beats for himself (Oh and for Scarface, ‘member “Guess Who’s Back”). Now on the topic of Jay repping with a sick crew. NO! Not sick, tight, filthy or any other slang word can describe Jay-Z crew. I mean all these guy’s care about is making $CHEDDAR$. That’s it. So they will put out wack albums during the transition period of Jay-Z’s albums so Roccafella Records can rule the undustry. Man, if I had a dollar for everytime Jay-Z stole someone’s elses idea, I swear I would have more money that Jay-MotherF*cking Z himself!!!!! First, Jay samples Nas TWO times, he also can’t think of his own label name. Last but not least, he uses an album title from the great KRS-One…TWICE!!! That bitter!!!! And after I saw Roccafella shoes, vodka, night club, and expensive clothes I knew Jay was definitely no longer about the music. His whole marketing scheme is to try and sell $50 dollar t-shirts to suburbia kids that believe they are “Gangsta.” Give me a break. Jay-Z is the definition of a PHONY rapper. This guy makes hype around everything he does. I was actually happy that he retired from the game so he could stop making such bad music. Pathetic, I’ll only give him the nod on two albums – Reasonable Doubt (5/5), and Black Album (4/5). His whole style is so bogus to me. Maybe if he didn’t release so many contradictory songs, I would still believe in him, but all Jay can do is feed us with com
Reported me? Lol talk about Elementary School all over again. I wrote this a while back to it was a simle copy and paste. The guy called me a idiot so Im saying otherwise. Thank you that is all. :)
Correction: I mean it was a simple copy and paste.
You have to read my previous question to get the question.
All of this is very amusing to me. :)

That was a really long azz rant,and I'm going to be honest and tell you I didn't read it.However,I got my homie LOL!s e-back.

Let's see...

read through all this crap and waste a couple of hours typing up a huge argument or get some much needed sleep?

*thinking face*

night nickel9

I'm not going to sit here and defend Jay-Z like he's my favorite rapper, because i do think he's overrated. but after reading all of this, you still havent explained to me why he's a bad rapper. unless your reason for disliking him is because he's a p*ssy b*tch d*ck sucker who raps about money cash and h**s.

the dude actually has good lyrics, and is a pretty good storyteller too, if i might add. his music has emotion, and even if he is talking about money cash h**s, he's not downgrading his lyrical abilities while doing it.

So, do you have a life?
Because you're about to argue with people on the internet... lol.

edit: Call me a bi*ch.. but I reported you. Rants are against the rules, buddy. Take that sh*t somewhere else ;)

lol not Elementary school.. just common sense. If you want a debate with LOL! then simply email the kid. Nobody here gives two fu*ks about how much you hate Jay-z... I'm just being a good Y!A user by reporting you for not following the rules. :)

Back