Which is the best android smartphone?

EmrulA

Oct 31, 2008
Hi everyone, I want to hear your honest opinion about latest android smartphones. I am going to buy one. I want the following key features:
1. minimum 480x800 screen resolution
2. minimum 3.7" display
3. multi touch option
4. Gorilla Glass display preferable
5. internal memory
6. ram 512 or higher
7. 5mp camera or higher
8. camera features - autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization.
9. video recording - min 720p
10. front camera
11. android 2.2 or higher
12. FM radio
13. higher battery life

I have some models in my mind. they are - Samsung I9103 Galaxy SL, Motorola ATRIX, LG Optimus 2X, T-mobile mytouch 4g.
These are also lower in price and that is my concern too. Basically I want it to be faster, cheaper and importantly good battery life. because most of the smartphones' battery sucs. they need to charge everyday. Please give me your opinion. Thanks in advance.

Galaxy SL is the best out of that list, and one of the best smart phones. All phones need to be charged everyday.

from those you have selected i would recomend LG Optimus 2X but the best andriod phone at the moment is the HTC wildfire

from those you have selected i would recomend LG Optimus 2X but the best andriod phone at the moment is the HTC wildfire

I personally would keep away from Android at the moment, because the software for Android is available to anyone who wants it, the chance of someone getting their hands on it and using it to create viruses and malicious software for Android devices is something you really need to keep in mind.
If you can afford it, rather get an iPhone, there's a new one coming out in September.
Also they're much more secure, due to the constant security updates.

Edit: You might also want to look at Sony Ericsson, have never had problems with their phones

Samsung Galaxy S II

1-2. 480x800 res. 4.3" Super AMOLED Plus display
3. Multi-touch (10 fingers can be done)
4. Gorilla Glass included
5. 16 GB and 32 GB option (with expandable memory)
6. 1 GB of RAM
7-9. 8 MP Camera with all the features you listed with 1080p video recording
10. 2 MP front facing camera
11. Android 2.3 Gingerbread
12. FM Radio included
13. High battery life

Although, this phone might get called something else in US. But, if you don't want to wait or you think it might be too expensive, then get the Galaxy SL.

If you want cheap but good performance, the LG Optimus 2X can be an option (although the battery life is kinda moderate, not high). But hey, get used to the habit of charging your phone everyday!

@ Jacques

Most of the latest Sony Ericsson phones runs on Android... Security is a concern but, the number of viruses and malicious software is still quite low. As long as don't download apps illegally (and actually read the comments and permissions on the Android Market) or open unknown emails, you'll be fine. Plus, iPhone also have a number of security concerns as well (mainly when Jailbroken).

Back