Which car/truck should I get? (esp. from personal experience)?

Khoa

May 10, 2008
Currently I am driving a small Nissan Frontier. It gets me from place to place but doesn't quite have what I'm looking for in my daily driver. One of the main factors is that I only have an extended cab which in total fits only 2 1/2 people in the car comfortably which makes it difficult when I am going out with friends so one of my criteria is that I am able to haul people around so seating for 4+.
At the same time, I can be somewhat picky about the size of the vehicle so obviously I'm not looking for anything of SUV status. Also, it will be automatic as it will be a commuter/daily driver and traffic can be a pain without the automatic.
At the same time, I would prefer to have a bit more pep in my car as the small engine of my current truck makes highway passing a bit difficult if I don't have a clear stretch of road ahead of me.
So far, this is what I am looking at as my possible choices and am looking for some input (keep in mind these are the current generation of these models):

In the truck category, I have the
Toyota Tacoma
Nissan Frontier

In the car category, I have the
Volkswagen GTI
Mazda 3 Hatchback
Chevrolet HHR SS

Please let me know about your experiences or thoughts about any of these and which one I should move towards the top of my list.

Thank you

Back