When do you think the superhero/remake phase in Hollywood will end?

StephenB

May 26, 2008
I have nothing against superhero movies, I have my favs, but all this saturation, man... plus you got remakes of classics, most of which suck and some stupid young audiences (not all, SOME) think these remakes are original films. Combine this with (off-topic) Soulja Boy, crappy music videos, CGI-friggin-OVERLOAD, crap action flicks like "Wanted", and untalented rappers acting in movies (there are exceptions i.e. 2Pac and Mos Def). Just makes me disgust the 21st century.

Remakes and superheroes have been done before yes but now its everywhere you turn i.e. Hollywood is running out of ideas fast. I mean come on, a remake of RoboCop in 2010? A remake of a spanish horror hit [REC] *1 YEAR* after it came out!?!? They're desperate! What's sad is there's a lot of talented and creative screenwriters out there who are trying to get in the business but they make it so hard yet they have the nerve to produce crap like the crap theyre producing. Please. (last part below)
Honestly, I'm more upset about the remakes than the comic book flicks, because they're ruining great films, some that don't need to be remade, and as a result there are some stupid young movie-goers who think "Dawn of the Dead" (2004) is not a remake and is oh so cool (very entertaining, yes, better than original? NOPE). Then when they discover its a remake, they cant even tolerate the original cuz its from "back in the day", they can't take build-up to scenes, oh the blue makeup is lame, slow zombies are not scary. I feel sorry for ppl with short attention span and lack of intelligence. This generation, for the most part, sucks. Mind you, I'm 23; at 6/7 yrs old, I was watching classics that came out way before my time and had the intelligence and ability to understand and appreciate them. I was the only one in class at 10 reading "The Lost World", i told all the kids its the sequel to Jurassic Park and its coming out soon, they all laughed and said yeah right. Very smart people huh.

Back