What would you do in this situation?

Brujo

Oct 15, 2008
So your stepdad has a nephew that owns his own company. Its small not famous. But your stepdad gets you a job there. The nephew is your boss, but at the same time your friend. you are legal, however your mother is a US citizen since last year, yet has a limit to the English language. She knows enough to get around her job and the whatnot, but not enough to be able to be in a constant conversation.So you get the job, work a couple days, and are invited to a party for that company. You arrive at the restaurant, sit down, and all is going well. The boss starts talking and joking. And your mom has her phone out, trying to read a new text message she had just recieved from your real father, because his father had just passed away and at that moment he was messaging from Mexico saying he is at the funeral. Your mom, almost blind on her left eye, ever since she was ababy becuz her brother had fed her a pumpkin seed as a baby, and when the doctors tried taking the seed out, they somehow cut a vien or artery for the eye, threfore making her partially blind. So while your mother is trying to read the text message, the person next to her is your stepfather, and hes saying groaning becuz hes thinking shes trying to take a picture, when shes not. shes trying to read it, and she needs more light, so shes trying to position the phone, and all of a sudden, the nephew gets angry about it, and says stop that. But your mother keeps trying to look at the text msg becuz they both thought it was a picture, when it wasnt. You are in your own world, and you can barely hear the conversation of the boss, saying all he says year long is BS. But your back in your own bubble, and then POP! your back in the real world, and the nephew is telling your mother "hey! Stop that! That was very rude of you! Im here thanking the staff of their hard work becuz they work their @sses off and your here inturrupting." And then he turns to the people(hes sitting down still) and says "I apoligize for the rude inturruption from someone who is not even part of our staff, from someone who is just a guest. and then he turns to me, and says, "Its not funny! Im very serious! And if you disagree then you can go ahead and get the hell out an dnot have a job!" in your mind, your going "WTF? what i do?" and on the outside youve been smiling hte whole time. so you try hiding your smile, and the nephew is "Im not ven f*cking joking" and he just stares at you , says the same crap about rude inturruption, and then when hes done blabbing away he says "Now excuse me, im very angry and i need some nicotine." So he goes outside to smoke. Your stepdad goes after him, to "talk" but had had NO reaction during the nephew's outburst. Everyone else was like, "are you ok? He hurt my feelings" and youre like im fine. And your mom is like lets go, and then they both come back, and the nephew says that he did that kuz it was hella rude what you and your mother did , and that he was very serious giving thanks. You say you understand, just to end the conversation, kuz you cant get out of your mind what just happened. You lose your train of thought, and your wondering what you did, and what the hell did your mother do? And you figure out it was nothing really. So you are completely confused.

I emailed him saying thanx for the opportunity but he took it to far and i decided to quit and it be best we all took our sperate ways and he replies saying, that we were very rude at the dinner for HIS staff. Then he says "As far as your feelings go, dont bother me with you lil boy sh*t" and then he says its his life, his comapny and HIS dinner.
"Be GONE!"
and your going WTF? but you dont reply back.
Anyways, what wud have you done? I was amazed by his outburst. And i was completely lost. And then he had his tantrums out of no where. My stepdad didnt do sh*t to defend my mom, and the nephew got mad out of nothing. My stepdad says his nephew is going to apoligize, and that he had talked with him outside, but if that was true, why did he reply like that? So what wud have you done in my position?

Back