What would be the best exhaust kit to put on my truck after I put on

stevelo

Jun 13, 2008
Edelbrock Shorty Headers? Alright I am panning on putting headers on my 2003 Ford F-150, 5.4L V8, FX4. Nothing done to the truck except for just a K&N air filter, not the cold air intake just the filter. I will be putting on the cold air intake kit later on, also with a edge programmer. I found some headers on Craig's list for sale that were never used that fit ford trucks with a 5.4L from years 99-03. They are $200. They are called Edelbrock Shorty Headers #65633. I'm just going to paste what the ad said onto here..."NIB: Edelbrock Shorty Headers #65633. Direct replacement fit 1999-2003 F150, F250, Explorer with 5.4L V8, EGR, no air ride suspension. 50 state smog legal accepts factory emission equipment. TI-TECH coated for long lasting durability. Direct replacement for restrictive stock exhaust manifolds. Simple installation using stock crossover pipe. Mandrel bent tubing for unrestricted flow and more power. Includes all mounting hardware and gaskets. New in box. Never mounted." Will these headers give me more power or are they practically just going to replace my stock headers with giving me no increase in power or sound? What does TI-Tech coated mean...like chrome? Are these good headers for the price? Will they give me a deep sound tone like a bubbling sound or just stock? I want a deep tone sound while idling, but when I punch it I want it to roar! Also and my final question what should I put on after the headers? I no I can't straight pipe the truck...way to loud, but cool. I found what this guy did with his 5.4 but it had hooker headers "hooker headers 2 to 1/2" pipe to 2 single in single out flowmaster super 40s, magnaflow tips." My real question is I don't know what would sound better a 2 inch single in single out cherry bomb glass pack or a 2 inch single in single out flowmaster super 40 but I don't think I'll put the magnaflow tip on though. Please answer ALL of my questions, I no alot about engines but not that much about exhaust...PLEASE HELP ME!!! Thank You to all who answer!! Open to all Suggestions!

Back