What is your top 5 favorite handhelds of all time with reasons?

Diamond

May 13, 2008
Here is mine, it will also include the current gen handhelds also

5. The ps vita. It had a slow start yes but now it has a decent library, dual analog sticks(BIG PLUS) a big 5 inch screen(for a handheld it's big) and a touch screen for interactive gameplay

4. the PSP= first system to have AAA console quality big budget games. Good game library, it was a nice multimedia machine too

3. The game boy advanced sp= Amazing game library, it was super durable and small, it has my 3 favorite rpg's pokemon,advance wars and fire emblem and it could play gb color and original gb games

2. the ds lite= amazing game library like the game boy, has my favorite game franchises,super long battery life, dual screens and a touch screen+stylus which added interactivity to game. And it could play physical GBA games

1. The 3ds XL: Awesome game library already even though we are not even halfway into it's life. It's more powerful than psp so it can do those console quality games, it can play original ds titles and has a glasses free 3d screen so it's easier to judge distances in games. and the first 3d pokemon game in the main series is coming too!

what is your favorite?

Well my second favorite is the 3DS, as it can play my two of my favorite franchises, Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon. It has amazing graphics too and supports DS games, which is great considering the DS' game library.

My first favorite is the PSP, because of many things. The game library on here is great regardless of what anyone says, as it has Twisted Metal, Kingdom Hearts, Katamari, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy, Midnight Club... All of those are great franchises. Then, on top of that, if you nodded it, you can run Minecraft, SNES, NES, GBA, GBC, Gamecube, and Nintendo 64 games on it. That's an AMAZING game library, not to mention online play on here, and the PSN store and a good web browser.

lawl I haven't even played 5 handhelds but here it is:

1. GBA sp: Loved it. It had a lot of awesome games for it. That what I really loved about it. The actual story telling is not console/PC quality obviously, but still very good. The gameplay is usually simple yet fun

2. PSP: Honestly I'm only putting it up here because it's the only other one I've played. Seriously it sucks penis.

GBA Sp
-Introduced charging for gameboy systems. Backlight and foldable.

Nintendo DS Series (DS Lite, DSi, etc.)
-Supported a nice variety of games and introduced online features for handheld devices. Also great for pokemon fans out there.

Gameboy Color
-Put colors into handheld gaming to make things a bit more interesting. Held great pokemon titles as well

PSP
-Although dead and way out of date I felt it really took Playstation's huge hits and shrinks it down so it was playable every where. Really cool actually. Also supports music and movies.

And finally the best handheld would have to go to, the rising and powerful 3DS

Back