What is the red oily fluid coming out of my 2000 Infiniti I30 (car)?

Grant

May 17, 2008
I was driving home, and attempted to do a turn. I went onto the ramp part of the curb and came down pretty hard, but I don't know how fast I was going possibly 10 - 20 mph. I turned into the nearest parking lot and a red fluid came out. I tasted it and smelled revealing it was some type of oil. My parents, who both have not seen it, feel like it is transmission, powering steering, or braking fluid. Now what is weird to me is how I went up on the right side, but the fluid comes out directly under the driving seat. I would like to know how much this possibly could cost. What the fluid is? What happened to my car? Will my insurance go up big time? How long will I be without a car? Thank You!
It was almost a gallon of the red fluid that spewed out, and I checked the oil level and everything checked out

ALREADY answered this for you GRANT you broke a TRANS COOLER LINE! CHECK the TRANS FLUDI LEVEL and drive over an OIL CHANGE PIT they can SEE the damage and maybe even FIX IT FOR YOU cheapely. Use ONLY the FACTORY Part if you can get it. They can WRAP the broken line with special TAPE to seal it till you are able to repair it PROPERLY! GOOD LUCK to you! INSURANCE has NOTHING to do with a leaking TRANS COOLER LINE! GET HAPPY! this is a CHEAP reapir!

Back