What is the difference between driving an SUV and a Sedan?

Dude

May 14, 2008
Ok, so here's the deal. I'm almost 16 and looking to get my first car. Since my dad travels out of town every week, we struck a deal: we buy one car, he takes his 2001 Camry to the airport every week while I use the new car during the weekdays; and during the weekends, he uses the new car while I use the Camry. So far in my life, I have only driven two cars, the 2001 Camry and my driving teachers' 2008 Accord. So, I know what it feels like to drive a sedan. Me and my dad can't seem to agree on what type of car to get. I want a sedan because I know what it feels like, am comfortable driving one, and is probably a little "cooler" at school. I also heard that SUVs are hard to park. However, my dad is completely bent on getting an SUV, I have no idea why. We have been arguing about this for like 6 months now, so now I am starting to get a bit pissed and feel like caving in. So my questions are: how is driving an SUV different than driving a sedan? Is it a lot different? Can I easily switch back and forth between the two? Is the high center of gravity a big problem? Which feels better? Yeah, so thanks.
Also, would compromising on something like the Acura RDX be a good decision? If so, give me some other car-like SUVs that we could decide on.

Back