What is my stereo-type?

Ashabeth

Nov 3, 2008
Everyone always talks about having a stereo type, whether it's emo, nerd, prep, or whatever. What I'd like to know is... what am I? I get called emo by preppy people, and preppy by emo people, and nerdy by jocks, and preppy by nerdy people and so on... Listen to the information below and tell me what you think =)

I am a freshmen in high school. I make straight A's with occasional B's. My classes are Advanced Speech and Debate, Theater 1, Geometry, Advanced Physical Science, Beginning Women's Choir, Pre IB Freshmen English, Health 1. I am on the speech team as well as the Creative Writing Club. I tried out for our school's production of A Midsummer Night's Dream but only made the crew. I have won many contests in areas such as drawing, writing, acting, and singing. I love to read as well. I enjoy sarcastic humor books, such as Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, and Tom Holt. I don't like Twilight books, sorry. Stephanie Meier didn't even plan it all out when she started writing it. That is NOT a good way to write a series.

I am not involved in very many sports, but I like to play badminton and tennis and sometimes I go out for a jog. My resting heart-rate is 59 beats per minute.

My parents are divorced, but still good friends. I live with my mom for half the week, and my dad for half the week. My dad lives in a 3 story house and is remarried. He works as a Music Theory professor at a university. My mother lives in a single level house and has a "significant other". She is a music teacher at an elementary school. I also have a 15 year old brother. I have a black cat named Tiny at my mom's house and 5 goldfish in the pond at my dad's house named Barack, Dr. White-face, Timmy, Angela, and Sephira.

The "emos" who hate all of the "preppy assholes" are all stupid to me. They all hate conformity and Abercrombie and Hollister and then they go to the mall and buy 30 dollar belts at Hot Topic [I may point out that Hot Topic makes more money in one month than Abercrombie and Fitch does in one entire year... Who's the conformist now?]. They say they hate labeling and they go ahead and call themselves emos and say they hate "preps" [what the hell is a prep anyway?] They cut themselves and then they tell everyone about it. It's a serious mental illness. It's not something you should take so lightly. And if you truly are a cutter, you should seek professional help immediately.

My love life is...lacking to say the least. I've had a couple of stray relationships, but never anything that lasted more than a few weeks. I really like someone right now and I've liked them for a really long time and I've been trying to get over them, but it's hard...

I mostly wear T-Shirts and any kind of skinny jeans [I now own no pairs of flare pants. it's all skinny jeans for this girl]. I love the color black, but I also love bright colors like pink and yellow. One of my favorite outfits is my bright yellow skinny jeans paired with a green, yellow, purple, and white striped tank top and brown slippers. I mostly shop at stores such as Zumiez, Nordstrom, Journey, Abercrombie, Hollister, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Pac Sun, and Sephora.
My Frequently Warn Shoes:
Black 4 inch Jimmy Choo's
Black and pink Converse
Hot pink Jack Ass Converse with black skull print
Tie Die Converse
Black and white checkered Vans
Black and Pink polka dot Vans with yellow and black shoelaces
American Eagle flip flops
Brown and blue LA gear
Grey and black Rocket Dogs
Beige Bear claw ankle-high booties
Black Hurley Flip flops
Red Patent Leather flats
Suede slippers
White Birkenstock
Red, green and black Haru Juku Lovers

I am 5'2" and weigh about 124 lbs. I have shoulder length strawberry blond hair and almond shaped brown eyes with some freckles. I normally wear black eyeliner and occasionally some purple eye liner. I wear colored Urban Decay mascara from Sephora. I am a 32-B and have a big butt and am relatively thin. I am considered to be attractive by some people's standards, but I'm never "hot" or "beautiful".

I have lots of friends, but not very many good friends... None of them really understand me. But I make an effort to understand them, always. Even if they don't "get" me. I am often considered to be "strange" or "eccentric" because I used to [I still do!] think that whenever people make bare skin contact with me they are reading my mind. I am very moody and some people think I'm Bipolar or Schizophrenic. But I don't care, because you are what you are =)

Okay, that was rather a lot of information. I appreciate those of you who read the whole thing and thought a little bit about your answer before posting. Thank you.

Back