TUNE UP ON A 2006 JEEP WRANLGER?

BrightEyes

Oct 22, 2008
I have a 2006 jep wranlger. Bought it new. It has 34,000 mile son it. I havent done a tune up yet. Does anybody no if its time or when I am suppose to? I can't find my manual on when or range of miles when to do so. I have been doing oil changes though.
also are jeep very reliable? They seem to be because you can see a lot of old jeeps on the rd from 40's and up. It seems to be a reliable car. Just wondering because I do like the new models but since mine is paid off might as well save on money and run this jeep till I fall out the floor boards in my seat.

sounds like low miles for a jeep, For the most part, like anything else some jeeps were bretter than others. I Know a lot depends on how much you drive and how much wear and tear you put on a jeep every year make a big difference on a vehicle, and how well you take care of a vehicle.
Sometime in the next 10,000 miles you might consider a new cap and rotor kit (buy a good quality brass contactsd, and have the spark plugs changed. Change the air filter and the fuel filter that is in line and keep an eye on the oil should keep your vehicle in good tune and running down the road just fine. I keep track of which plug comes come out of which cylinder by making a cardboard cut out with 8 holes and just stick a plug in each one just like they were in the cylinder head. I have the chevy 350 all of my life and keep an eye out for a possible problem by inspecting the plug out of each each hole.
I can tell by the color and how it looks if I need to get to a mechanic or not.

Back