Thunder big man Mitch McGary is 'The Snake God,' FYI

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
Mitch McGary had some time on his hands last fall while recovering from a left foot fracture, so the Oklahoma City Thunder rookie passed the time like any of us would — by buying three baby snakes, naming them Zoey, Zeus and Layla, and going about the business of raising them. McGary's clearly a doting and committed pet owner; I mean, check out just how much the "babies" have grown under the warm, nurturing care of "The Snake God."
Oh, bee-tee-dubs, Mitch McGary is calling himself "THE SNAKE GOD."
[Follow Dunks Don't Lie on Tumblr: The best slams from all of basketball]
Now, if you're anything like intrepid Thunder beat reporter Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman, you might be a bit concerned for the well-being of the 23-year-old big man — you know, on account of all those snakes around his neck. McGary appreciates your concern, but assures you that there's nothing to fear here:
@DarnellMayberry thanks for the concern. I'm doing great! #ThunderUp pic.twitter.com/RWcFiL8mVx
— Mitch McGary (@mitchmcgary) June 17, 2015
Of course there isn't. I mean, this is "The Snake God" we're talking about.
@keatonfox @DarnellMayberry they are my PET SNAKES. you think I would do this if I hadn't handled them and trained them.... NO WAY!
— Mitch McGary (@mitchmcgary) June 17, 2015
Yeesh. It's almost like you guys don't have a healthy enough respect for the command that "The Snake God" has over the

Back