Tgif: This week's best posts

h@ker

Jun 18, 2007
Suffering from Lifehacker information overload? Get a digest of our best posts delivered to your newsreader once a week using our Highlights feed. If that's not enough for you, instead grab our daily top stories feed.
This week's best posts include:
  • Turn your Windows Mobile phone into an iPhone
    "If your clunky old Windows Mobile phone is just sitting around collecting iPhone jealousy dust, you can either scrounge together 500 leafy Sacagaweas, or you can customize your Windows Mobile phone to emulate several of the iPhone's more interesting features."
  • Edit your digital photos with Picasa
    "If you don't have the cash or patience to get a copy of Photoshop and learn what to do with it, the free Windows photo manager software, Picasa, may have everything you need to adjust your photos to your liking."
  • 13 book hacks for the library crowd
    "Today, in the interest of lifehacking your bookshelf, I'm rounding up my favorite 13 'book hacks' for getting the most from your bound literature."
  • The art of the doable to-do list
    "Your to-do list can be a tool that guides you through your work, or it can be a big fat pillar of undone time bombs taunting you and your unproductive inadequacy."
  • Show Us Your iGoogle
    "Last week we asked readers to send us screenshots of their iGoogles, and you didn't disappoint."
  • Stephen Colbert, email assassin
    "Stephen Colbert sits down with email etiquette author Will Schwalbe and dives face first into email."
  • Monitor your Mac with iStat menus
    "iStat menus integrates system statistics like CPU, RAM, HD, and Network usage into your Mac's menubar."
  • Keep track of your browsing habits with MeeTimer
    "The MeeTimer Firefox extension tracks how much time you spend on different web sites and helps categorize the time spent to give you an idea of where your browsing time has gone."
  • Insert prompts and delays with Texter 0.4
    "Just released the latest version of our text snippet application, Texter, with bug fixes and a few cool new features."
  • Get the fullscreen (read: iPhone) browsing experience with Opera Mini 4 beta
    "The new Opera Mini beta 4 offers the fullscreen browsing experience on the comfort of your mobile device."
  • Use a silent ringtone for low priority contacts
    "I just created a 1 second long recording of "nothing" using my computer, transferred it to my phone, and I can now select it as a custom ringtone for numbers that, while I don't want to block, I just don't want to hear."
  • Reformat your Gmail address with dots
    "Because Gmail doesn't recognize dots as characters within usernames, adding or removing dots from a Gmail address won't change the actual destination address."
  • Better Gmail version 0.8 now available
    "This version adds 3 new user scripts: a Mac Mail-like skin, bottom posting when replying to email, and split screen Google Reader integration, as well as fixes for a few niggly annoyances in the current version."
</img>

More...

Back