Telus - Cell repair HTC Amaze 4G?

marc

Jun 2, 2008
First, I'm sorry for my mistakes in english, my first language is french :(

There is my story :

I would like to know if anybody had the same story. I bought a cell from Telus december 11, 2011. The cell stopped working after two days. The Telus store didn't want to take it back even if there is a rule (law?) saying you have a refund before 14 days. Finally, after a lot of calls, many times, they gave me a new cell from another brand, the Amaze 4G. After one week, the cell started to have some real issues. It was too late to use the 14 days return according to them, because my contract had more than 14 days and they relied on the date the contract was signed. They didn’t want to have two phones back either ...

The cell had several problems such as lost calls, problems with Bluetooth connectivity, touch screen problems and the battery life was about 4 hours. I was able to live with these inconvients, but I was not happy at all. Last week, the cell finally gave up. For those who wonder what kind of person I am, I'm the type to be careful with my electronics. My Portable Panasonic CD player I bought in 1999 still works, just to tell you.

I called Telus and they won’t sell me another cell with a rebate. They say I am under warranty and to use it. There will be no fee at all.

I went to the store. I was told the cell appears to have been damaged by me and it’s not their fault if the repair service center refuse to pay. The phone had a case on the first day, I put a screen protector, it has never fallen on the floor and the cell looks almost brand new. The only thing I can see damaged by me is because I had to open it twice a day to change the battery, but communication problems, etc.. were there long before that.

When I called HTC, they told me the Amaze 4G was discontinued because of problems I have.

My question is: Telus will really fix my lemon that never worked or offer me a cell phone by HTC Company? I'm a little afraid to have the Amaze 4G again, repaired or refurbished.

Is there anyone who has experienced my situation?

Thank you very much for all the answers and your patience with my bad english.

Back