T-Mobile My Touch Slide is Hanging up on phone calls...?

Rory

Jun 1, 2008
I have had the My Touch Slide sense fathers day and starting 3 days ago it has been hanging up on calls in 5 mins or less and tells me that I am in airplane mode and then the service comes right back in the same location and then I can call and receive calls again. I am extremely frustrated and I have been doing some searching and I found this question that with me having it happen as well and not right away like this person it can't be a faulty antenna...

Here is the one I found:
"Resolved Question Show me another »

Tmobile my touch 3g slide hanging up on my calls ?
Okay so I got this phone a couple weeks ago and it worked great til a couple days ago, every time I try to make a call it will hang up within at least five minutes and then tell me no service then regain service within two seconds in the SAME SPOT! It also does the same thing with texts, and I'm tired of my phone hanging up, any suggestions other than master reset ? /:
4 weeks ago "

Answer: Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

First try a software update. If that doesn't work take it back. Now. The phone comes with a year warranty, but only if you return it within the first thirty days can you get a brand new replacement, rather than a refurbished one. Phones are like cars, sometimes you get a lemon. It sounds like an internal defect with the antenna.
Source(s):
4yrs as a customer service rep.
4 weeks ago "

or click here http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100803224435AAIPTjj

This makes this question no longer a resolved question as I can bet you we will see this issue come up in the next couple of days more and more! So help please. I was a Sales Rep with T-Mo for 4 years as well and I know there are random problems but when the same problem that is so very weird like this one is, it is going to be more than just a lemon phone. There are more underlying issues… Also there is no option to do a software update for the My Touch Slide… That is a coined BlackBerry fix issue… The Android Software does all of it’s updates over the air or OTA so doing a software update is a great copout answer to just avoid the problem…

Back