Switching out my bike seat on my new hybrid?

tommycat

Nov 26, 2008
Its hard and sharp and thin and I can't believe people can sit in that thing for even one minute.

My other bike is a beach cruiser with a nice plush wide seat I guess I'm just used to it. Can I replace the seat with a beach cruiser style?

Thanks!
Thank you for your answers!

I bought it at a real bike store. All they sell are bikes and bike accessories. I live in a really great bike community.

He told me if I brought in my old bike seat he would cut it down to fit my new bike. Maybe that's not such a good idea...
Oh and he wasn't too keen on the idea of me test driving it because he said it was raining outside.

The narrow seat is designed to support your "sit bones". The beach cruiser is more like a chair that you glutes sit atop. On the style bike you have now you want the narrow seat. Looking at it and using it are two different things. Fortunately the narrow seats come in a variety of widths from about 130mm (racing) to about 175mm. Your bone spread will determine the size for you. If you bought the bike at a bicycle shop, they are the ones to consult and will probably help you for little or no charge. I somehow have the feeling you bought the bike at a department or sporting goods store as most bike shops won't let you buy the bike without a fitting or at least a test ride.

Back