Switching from Tmobile Dash to Wing?

drewd

Apr 27, 2008
ive used both but if ur gunna compare the only good thing of the lc is ouuu blinky light who cares after w eek u wont trust me -

ok now for the ? about the tmobile wing - the wing by far kicks the everliving shit outta the sidekick seriously how can u even ask that ?

now as for speed both the dash and the winf use a texas instruments OMAP cpu in short terms the dash and the wing have the same cpu thier bothh 200mhz and they step up to about max 221mhz when multitasking

there are programs that over clock the cpu to 250ish mhz making it a tad faster these programs relie on ur phones backlight screen ?? are u confuzed yet u should be lol

the program is somthing someone made and can be found all over online as a small download what it does is when ur backlight is off the program knows or thinks ur phone is off so it doesnt over clock ur cpu when u turn it on backlight comes on programs turns on cpu is over clocked and badda bing badda boom perfect bad thing is stupid people set the mhz wayy too friggen hi and can crash the cpu if set over 267mhz most the time ive seen them modded to 330mhz but thats a real hacker thing to do ---

the wing uses wm6 the main thing about it being slow is that windows mobile 6 is a perfectly fine working system but yes and theres a but.... wm6 came out soo early on when the wing came out they made a special operating system on the wing just for tmobile just like they did for the sda and the dash cause those phones ar emade by htc and come stock with no tmobile crap in them making themm have more internal mem left over now the operating system in the wing its fine it really is but if u dont turn the wing off for like a week at a time it has this issue where it leaks memory --

whats that mean u say ???

well u have x amount of mem in the phone used for the system itself and x amount of mem left over for --ram--
then u have x amount of mem for files
the amount of ram is about 22mb using programs uses ram closing programs should free up that ram again for other things sometime after awhile u start ur phone with 22mb use a bunch of crap make sure you turn it all off check ur task manager and wtf you have 16mb now ?????

thats called a memory leak u now have to push and hold ur on button restart ur phone to get ur ram back

that is the only reall issue with the wing ---- and it can be fixed by cid unlocking and imei unlocking the phone and having some one put diff firm ware on the phone

u have to cid and gsm unlock the phone cause tmobile sets it so u cant upgrade and install custom versions of windows because if u did it wouldnt start up and say tmobile and have the dumb tmobile crap in it --- it would also fix the mem leak issue and free up even more ram cause the system wouldnt have the extra tmobile stuff installed in it

---it sounds like is super bad and awfull but lol its really really really not as awful as i make it all sound and the memory leak thing really isnt that big of a deal cause most people kill thier batterys or turn thier phones off off alot , doing those things reset ur mem for u so its not a big issue or anything unless ur a tech geek like me and need the best of the best --

the wing also can be modded to look like a htc touch very super easily and also u can add omg like wow like millions of things programs and stuff to it free of charge

when i had my wing- i put htc home screen htc touch flo with touch cube iphone contacts- tcpmp player for all media files youtube player program and the htc photo album program

it worked fine the new htc diamond has a web broswer that blows the iphone away called opera v9 also has touch and drag and flick to scroll options u can find it online in the xda forums in fact u can find 1000's of cool things for the wing on the xda forums search yahoo for xda forum then on the site click forums and then sign in or make a free username and search ''wing .cab ull find links to online hoasted .cab files that are the installers for crapload of things

u can also use alot of other phones files for it too cause thier all pocket pc -

okay i have to give the sidekick a chance her so heres my run down

pocket pc advantages

full internet and the ability to install ur own internet browser weather it be opera or internet explorer

video camera 2.0mp has tons of options

touch screen !

loud speaker for music or speaker phone

can do voice memos set hardwar ebutton to open a program and can install games and apps for free

can transfer files using bluetooth

the wing has WIFI INTERNET even if u dont have a simcard u can use wifi where wifi is avalible u must have internet services to use starbucks wifi tho they are teamed with tmobile unless u prepay for starbucks internet otherwise u can jack ur homies free wifi if he hasnt set a lock on it u can get on it too if kno his lock as well

and lots more

THE SIDEKICK LX

HAS BLINKY LIGHTS.... OUUUUU LOL NOT
SCREEN FLIPS AROUND ...OUUUUU
HAS A FLASH -- MIND U IT TAKES THE WORST PICTURES EVER ANYWAYS FLASH OR NO FLASH

CAN BE SIMOTANIOUSLY LOGGED INTO AIM MSN AND OTHER SERVICES ---THE ONLY REAL SELLING POINT OF THE PHONE

THE LX CANT USE CUSTOM RINGTONES LIKE THE WING U MUST BUY EVERYTHING

SAME WITH GAMES

THE LX IS RATHER LONG AND STILL FAT BUT SO IS THE WING BUT THE WING IS SHORTER

THE LX HAS THE ABILITY TO LET U ACCESS UR NOTES FROM THE PHONE AND ONLY 3 PICS SAVED IN THE MEM NOT ON THE MEM CARD TO BE VEIWED ANYWHERE U HAVE INTERNET AND CAN LOG INTO TMOBILE OVER THE INTERNET SO SAY U LEAVE UR PHONE AT HOME UR AT SCHOOL AND U HAVE THE NUMBER TO A JOB INTERVEIW ON THE PHONE NOTES U CAN HOP ONLINE AND GET ACCESS TO IT ...KINDA UNUSEFULLTHO I HAVNT FOUND A REAL GOOD USE FOR THAT FEATURE

-- THE LX IS NOT USSALY BOGGED DOWN BY RUNNING PROGRAMS LIKE THE WING CAN BE AT TIMES BUT U CANT MULTI TASK LIKE A WING EITHER

UR LX WILL MAKE U LOOK CHILDISH IN A MATURE SETTING THE WING SAYS UR EITHER SHOWING OFF OR AT LEAST MORE BIZZ LIKE U DONT NESSISARLY CONVEY THAT UR A CHILD IN ANYWAY

THE WING OVERALL IF YOU LEARN WINDOWS MOBILE IS THE COOLEST PHONE TMOBILE HAS RIGHT NOW IN OUR REIGON THE ONLY BAD THING IS THE CPU IS 200MHZ U CANT EXACTLY RUN A COOL PORT OR COUNTERSTRIKE VERY FAST ON IT BUT,, COMPARED TO A LX IT DEPENDS ON HOW MANY OF THE FEATURES ULL USE OR IF UR JUST A PLAIN PERSON WHO WANTS AIM AND A PLAIN CAMERA PHONE

MY GF BEGGED TO GET A LX FOR 2 MONTHS I GET HER ONE SHE BUYS A CASE FOR IT HAS IT FOR TWO WEEKS AND TELLS ME HOW MUCH IT SUCKS ASS

-----------------------------
MY OPINION IS THAT I WOULDNT EVER PICK THE LX EVEN IF I HATED WINDOW SMOBILE BECAUSE...THE LX SPEAKER SOUND IS WAY TO LOW TO EVEN LISTEN TO MP3 ITS EVEN SUCKIER WHEN UR TRYING TO HEAR THE STUPID THING RING U THINK U CAN GET PAST THIS ISSUE BUT U CANT REALLY THE SLIDE HAS LOUDER SPEAKER BUT ITS A SLIDE HAS NO BLINKY LIGHT AND DOESNT FLIP AROUND AND THATS WHAT MAKES THE SIDEKICK COOL RIGHT SO EHH ITS A HARD THING TO DECIDE

.....U CAN USE UR MEM CARD AND USB CABLE TO MAKE UR PHONE LIKE A GIANT FLASH DRIVE WITH BOTH PHONES AS WELL

MODDING THE LX WITH EXTRA THEMES IS SUPER EASY THE WING CAN BECOME COMPLEX AND CAN FRUSTRATE U THO BUT THE LX IS JUST SOO SUCKY 5BUCKS A GAME TOO NO WAY TO DOWNLOAD GAMES AND THERES NO WAY TO GET FREE RINGTONES I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE EVER TELLS U -- PLUS U CAN NEVER UNLOCK IT AND USE A LX WITH ALL THE FEATURES ON ATT LIKE U CAN A WING

THE LX ALREADY HAS DEPRECHIATED MARKET VALUE BUT RECENTLY THE SAME THING HAS HAPPEND TO THE WING THEY ARE AROUND 180 USED TO 240 IN MY OPINION AND THE LX IS ABOUT 150 TO 220 IN MY EYES

IF U WANT TO HAVE SOMTHING TO FIDDLE WITH GET A WING IF U WANT TO JUST HAVE A PHONE GET A LX IF UR GOING CRAZY NOW - GO SWIMMING AND....CHILLLLLLLLLLL LOL

I have a dash and got it wet so I need to get a new phone. I upgraded to the blackberry curve but didnt really like it. Should I go with the Wing or Sidekick? I've heard the wing is a lot slower than the dash, has anyone used both?

Back