Swapping a phone on my Sprint account....?

MisfitToy

Dec 15, 2008
I have 3 phones on my Sprint account, one for myself and two for my sons. The contract on one of the kids' lines is up, so rather than renew, he wanted to go on my husbands Verizon plan. However, I need to upgrade my own phone because my phone is acting up, but I cannot upgrade to get a phone for free until Sept, 2009. So what I did was went ahead and renewed that line that my son used and got the free phone. However, I would like to swap that phone and put it on my line and put my old phone on his line and just have it as a "spare". How can I do that without Sprint making a stink about me getting the new phone for my line that is not yet eligible for the upgrade? Will they let me activate the new phone on my line and not my sons old line?

First, I would check both phones to see if there is a sim chip in them. If so, you can simply pull the SIM chip (underneath the battery) of one phone and place it in the other (swap them around). If there is no SIM chip, you can call Sprint's customer care line and tell them you would like to do a SIM swap (move phone numbers around on the phones). I don't see them having a problem doing it. I used to do it all the time when I worked for Sprint. And I recently done it on one of my other phones. Hope this helps.

First, I would check both phones to see if there is a sim chip in them. If so, you can simply pull the SIM chip (underneath the battery) of one phone and place it in the other (swap them around). If there is no SIM chip, you can call Sprint's customer care line and tell them you would like to do a SIM swap (move phone numbers around on the phones). I don't see them having a problem doing it. I used to do it all the time when I worked for Sprint. And I recently done it on one of my other phones. Hope this helps.

Back