Steph Curry, Blake Griffin, other NBA stars read mean tweets on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
ABC is airing the 2015 NBA Finals, meaning the network's flagship late-night show, "Jimmy Kimmel Live," will be running special pregame broadcasts throughout the championship round. Thursday's lead-up to Game 1 saw Kimmel and company bring back their tried and true "Mean Tweets" segment, in which ballplayers read the awful things that random folks on the Internet say about them off a cell phone while staring down the barrel of a camera.
Let's once again get reminded that people afforded anonymity and/or distance online can be very mean!
[Follow Dunks Don't Lie on Tumblr: The best slams from all of basketball]
It doesn't strike me as particularly surprising that people say mean stuff to Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan; an awful lot of people don't like the often-carping-over-calls Los Angeles Clippers, after all. But some of the other selections seem staggering to me.
I thought everybody liked Stephen Curry! (I mean, why in the world wouldn't you?) Why on Earth would you say something nasty about Zach Randolph, who is only the best, and whose bad side you 100 percent don't want to see, even in these Internet streets?
And Jimmy Butler ... man, Jimmy Butler doesn't deserve this:
f2ab7c30-0b1d-11e5-b552-e9bb0d1d4bcd_jb_jkl.jpg
Not cool, random people on Twitter. Not cool at all. Maybe let's try "Nice Tweets" next time, just to switch things up.
(My sneak favorite: Having Jeff Van Gundy read a tweet from Ohio rapper Stalley. Never forget that JVG is hip-hop.)
- - - - - - -
Dan Devine is an editor for Ball Don't Lie on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter!
Follow @YourManDevine
Stay connected with Ball Don't Lie on Twitter @YahooBDL, "Like" BDL on Facebook and follow Dunks Don't Lie on Tumblr for year-round NBA talk, jokes and more.

Back