Since ive gotten into an accident, and my truck is fixed and back in the...

AllistarEvans

Jun 17, 2010
...driveway, what should i do? got into an accident with a tiny new, compact honda civic. My front end of the truck pretty much compacted his compact car to the front. his back end looked like i forced his car into half its size. My truck suffered axle and front end damage. I was surprised my truck wasn't totaled. If his car isn't totaled, i will be even more surprised. New cars today are so fragile......

Anyways, my truck is a 2001 f150, and with a poor rating by kelley blue book its worth $5475. All repairs brought the truck to pre-crash original conditions
The truck has 89,00 miles and it still has the shiny original tan paint, with common dings and dents associated with a ten year old truck. It was in excellent condition when i bought it. Bed-liner, 5.4l v8, power everything, tilt wheel, and i installed a $4,000 stereo system ( which makes me to not want to sell my truck for anything less than $4,000, the price of the sound system) its loud as hell, you can probably hear me from a block or two away.. Ac, towing package, automatic, and its an extended cab( super cab, not the true 4 door super crew)

Proper maintenance was performed, oil changes every 3,000 miles, and no major mechanical problems. Smooth and powerful and fast.........
The problem is, i after that accident, i got arrested for my second dui which includes property damage and a citation for careless driving.

Should i sell my truck after a year in which i can get my license and buy a new truck with the down payment, or should i continue to drive this truck after a year in which i can get my license?

the money i get from selling the truck would be enough for a down payment on a 2012(or 2013) f150 with the 5.0 v8, leather seats, 4x4, and super crew.

Im 22 years old, and i have a credit score of 754, last time i checked... i potentially might get the lowest interest rates available through a bank, not a dealership.

Back