Should I sell my Xbox 360 or PS3, or keep them both?

Riggidig

Mar 20, 2011
Ok, I need an UNBIASED opinion here (which I know will be difficult, since a lot of you guys on here are fanboys). I'd prefer to here from someone who owns/owned both consoles. So here goes:

I currently play games/watch movies on a 29" SD CRT TV and would REALLY like to buy a bigger FULL HD LCD TV, but I don't have the money for it. The only way I can see to help me with that is to sell one of my consoles.

I currently own both a 4gb Xbox 360 slim as well as a 160gb PS3 slim. I bought the Xbox at the beginning of this year, have two controllers for it and 5 games so far (Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, Tekken 6, Burnout Paradise, Smackdown vs Raw 2010 and Marvel vs CapCom 3). I also have a carry bag for it. I currently DO have an Xbox Live Gold Account, but I think I'm actually wasting my money because A) I only have a 384kbps, capped internet connection and B) I'll only play the odd Tekken or Street Fighter online against people I know (I'm not personally a big fan of first person shooters, although Crysis 2 looks really cool I'll admit). Also, because of the country I live in, I only have access to about a third of the downloadable games on Xbox Live that say, the UK or the USA has (for example we only have around 60 Arcade Titles that can be downloaded whilst the USA has over 400).

The PS3 I bought a couple of months ago on a special and at the moment only have Little Big Planet and Batman Arkham Asylum for it. Also I only have one controller for it at the moment. I don't have any friends online on PSN, but I've downloaded a whole bunch of single player games from the PSN for it (in my country the PSN network has LOADS more downloadable games than Xbox Live).

I've been thinking maybe I should sell my Xbox 360 (but keep the games), use the money from that to buy a TV, and next year, if I miss my Xbox, buy a 250gb Xbox 360 slim model (I've come to realise the 4gb model is just too small) to replace the one I sold.

What do you guys think?

I have both consoles, and i definitely think you should sell the 360 as opposed to the PS3, just based on your game choices. Take a look at upcoming titles and the majority of 360 games already released, and you'll realize that the main selling area for the 360 is shooter games, while you are more into RPG/fighting games. My 360 just sits at home and collects dust, i regret getting it.

Back