Should I not go swimming with my sister in law because of my interest in swimsuits?

JohnGrayson

Jul 4, 2011
Ok - to explain. I am straight, have no desire to wear female swimwear (the thought repulses me) and am an honest family man who would always respect women and try to look after them.

One thing though - I have developed a really strong attraction in seeing women in a swimsuit. It's almost like that turns me on more than seeing them naked! Seeing a woman in a one piece swimsuit (the style that shows off the legs) is a strong attraction.

If I see an attractive girl at work or even just a colleague I try and build a mental picture of what they look like in a swimsuit. If I hear them talking about going swimming then I'm wishing I could be there to take a look at them!!

It's hard to pinpoint where this interest has come from but legs have always been my favourite part of a woman's body so I guess a one piece swimsuit shows this asset off best whilst covering other parts.

I don't go swimming that much but I have gone on occasions with a female friend and my sister in law (seperate cases - not together). In all cases they have initiated to go swimming ( i feel guilty suggesting it) and I often make up excuses not to go as I know I'll find it hard not to take a look at them. I've seen my sister in law several times in a swimsuit (bikini and one piece) and she appears to be really comfortable being like that in front of me - maybe she wouldn't if she knew how much I liked seeing women wearing them.

I don't get aroused in a dodgy way but enjoy seeing women in a swimsuit.

My wife knows I like seeing her in a swimsuit but she doesn't swim much nor understand the deep rootedness of my interest. she actively encourages me to go swimming with her sister as she knows we are both good swimmers but probably wouldn't if she knew my issue.

The family is going away soon and my sister in law will be wanting me to go swimming with her at some point. I guess if my sister in law knew that I liked seeing women in swimsuits so much she wouldn't swim with me?

Should I make my excuses and let her go alone?

Your thoughts (guys and girls) would be appreciated.

J

Depending of how ur sister in law is she might take it in different ways. I suggest not tell her cuz u might freak her out and think ur a perv. Or just tell her she look pretty or hot in that swimsuit. But then she might understand it in a different way as in flerting with her. But hope not. Just go swimming, don't lose that good friend relationship with her just cuz seing girls in swimsuits turn u on. Or tell her but in a different way. By asking her if she thinks if that is weird. Say that a friend told u that. And u want to help himor something like that. So u can get her opinion. Hope it helps in some way...

this response may be too late but i'd suggest that you avoid going with her occasionally.

1) if you avoid her outrightly then she would assume something's wrong.
2) human mind is very complex. don't try to explain your dilemma to her as she might not understand it the way you want her to know.
3) don't let your little distraction spoil any relationships. you are normal and others may not receive it the same way.

Back