Should I buy a 2003 BMW 745i?

BathroomBandit

Feb 8, 2013
I'm 16 and looking to get my first car. It has 143,000 miles on it and is going for $9,500. I know about the reliability with BMW's, we've had several of them but I was thinking that with 143,000 miles most of the major things would have already broken and been fixed. It's black on black and the dealership offered to let me take it on a 48 hour test drive and have it inspected. The dealership is great and they only offer cars that have been taken care of, our Saab we purchased from them is the most reliable car we've ever owned. I know it's a lot of car for a 16 year old and I work so I can afford some things that will go wrong. I love the 7 series, especially the e38 but there aren't any for sale where I live and nice ones don't come through here often. So I guess what I'm asking is this: BMW 745i owners, give me your story!

Well have you taken into consideration that even on a 10 y/o car like that both the gas & insurance can eat you alive. I have no doubts about your ability to maintain one, but you need to look at the bigger overall cost of car ownership. Also in the U.S. a 16 y/o cannot own, register, or insure a car. Period!

Back